Friday, 21 January 2011
The Significant Other Blogfest by Mr JL
The following are all about my wife, Len, who now writes in her spare time after leaving her corporate life to look after our son full time. The first three items are answers to questions posted on DL's blog. (I will have to ask my wife to do the links for me, darn this blog!)
1. Len loves pizzas to bits. This always seems to stimulate her and puts her in a good mood. Her favourite flavour is Pepperoni.
2. Writing Habit - My wife doesn't have any writing routine. She sometimes just sits with me in front of the television and starts writing by hand and when she does, she loses track of time. I won't change any of her writing habits.
3. It is very difficult to even think that my wife will not succeed as an author because I believe in her. I am English-born and bred, yet I think my wife writes better English than I do. I know she will succeed because she has the determination and in times of self-doubt, I am here to give her back her confidence.
(Sorry, I keep saying 'my wife' because that's how I refer to her when I talk about her...I will now try to refer to her as 'Len'...)
4. My wife, sorry I mean Len, is a loving and very caring person. Even in hard times, she has always shown her affection. Having said that, I must say that she has bad days too and when that happens, I must disappear.
5. As a wife, Len has an eye for detail and never lets me get away with anything which is not necessarily a bad thing - but what I don't understand is when I watch my favourite television programme, that's when she tries to tell me something that is very important. But what can I do? I'm just a mere man.
6. Aside from writing, she loves public speaking and was a member of Toastmasters International in Manila. She misses it and one day she may go back to it.
7. Len had a short stint as a radio broadcaster. This was years ago and I'd like to hear her again live on the radio.
8. My wife can be really funny and comical.
9. Some people have a funny reaction towards her as they automatically think she can't speak English because of her Asian looks. When she starts to speak, they look startled. Can you imagine how wonderful it would feel like for me when she gets published? And I'd be grinning ear to ear.
10. She is not easily fooled. She observes everything from getting the shopping to analysing documents and people. Especially people. I think that's the 'writer' in her.
Most of all, my wife Len is a loving wife and a good Mum and I'm proud of her.
Written by: Mr JL (Len doesn't want me to reveal my identity..I don't mind becoming popular but it's her decision and this is her blog...and worst of all, I have to do what I'm told)